Address

Sister Kylie Dawn Hansen

Colorado Denver South Mission
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 9 in CO - Mar 2

Good morning everybody!
This week has reminded me a lot of the Princess Bride. Why...well you will have to read to find out.

There is one part in that movie when Prince Humperdink is telling Wesley how terrible he is and how much he is going to regret doing everything he has done. But Wesley can't say anything because he is hooked up to The Machine. All he can do is look at the guy and await what is going to happen. 
On Monday night we went to visit a couple of investigators and the mother-in-law was there...We started teaching about the Book of Mormon and she stopped us in the middle of explaining who Nephi is. She was like, "No, the Book of Mormon cannot be true because never in my life have I heard the name Nephi"....oh ok my entire life has been a lie....
We kept going and pretty soon she stops me and stares me down and asks me if I was born into the church....yes?...Now is the time when I felt like Wesley. I sat there as she told me how dumb I was to be out here wasting my time for a message that no one would listen to or believe. She told me how ignorant I was because I had never looked for the truth and I couldn't know anything because I hadn't experienced any other form of truth. In that moment The Machine sounded like a better option! Then we got to hear about how she was born and raised Catholic and will forever be Catholic...I'm glad she doesn't have to look for the truth that she was born into....all I could do was bear testimony. That's all any of us could do. But we left and invited her to try it out and see for herself. Fingers crossed. Maybe we will tie her up next time like Wesley did to Humperdink...that will be interesting....

The rest of the week has been more like the Fire Swamp. The quick sand part has been snow...soooo much snow and ice and cold and more snow. 
It seems like every time we saw any headway we got attacked by a million ROUS's at one time. There were a couple days when we got dropped by almost every single one of our investigators. Our record was 6 in one hour. All of them were different places. It was great...NOT! No one would come to the door and if they did they looked at us and slammed it in our faces. 
But on the bright side yesterday we got out of the Swamp! And it was great. We found a couple of families and some really awesome people and it turned out okay.

I learned this week that praying for faith, patience, and humility is not a good combination! I suggest one at a time. But God answers prayers and gave us a week to help us develop all three. Now it has been so much less chaotic! Like Augustus Waters says, "I'm on a roller-coaster that only goes up my friend."

​"Oh look, I've been impaled"  Sorry but the opportunity came and I took it.

 
I hope you are all doing great! I love you all! Until next week,
Our District

Hermana Kylie D. Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment