Address

Sister Kylie Dawn Hansen

Colorado Denver South Mission
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 12 in CO - Mar 23

Hey everyone!
 
     Well I am officially no longer a baby but I am also destined to never have the same companion for longer than a transfer. I will be staying in Denver so that's exciting and also ridiculously nerve-wracking! I pray my new companion has a lot of patience! She is gonna need it!
 
     This week was crazy! And stressful. And sometimes I wanted to hit my head on a wall...so basically it was like every other regular missionary week! 
 
     At the request of my Grandmother I will now start talking about food again. Yes the food is as good as Eagle but also the grease content is much greater here. But it is sooo good! I eat tortillas like candy. And I have come to the decision that if there are not quesadillas in Heaven I am not going! I have learned the art of the perfect quesadilla and we eat so many! Basically I just love food and that will never change. It is just one of those things that helps me know that there is indeed a God and He loves His children.
 
     Well on to the other important items of missionary work. Um this week we saw a lot of people so my brain only recalls so many. We saw Luis and Grace..surprise! They are my favorites! And they are doing so well! And yesterday Luis used his work break to come to church.... How amazing is that?!?! He is the best! They are both progressing so well and miraculously they aren't moving now so they are super solid for baptism on the 12th of April. They are both getting Sundays off so they can come to church and now we get to see them in the mornings because they changed their schedules to meet with us. I love them so much! I am so excited that I get to stay with them!
 
     Let's see...what else...OH! We went to see one other investigator we have. The things that have happened to her in the last couple of weeks break our hearts so much! But she took the biggest step ever and now she can start healing. She has been investigating for 13 years and was almost baptized 3 times but she said now is her time. WOOHOO!! We are so excited for all of the changes that are happening in her. It is a testimony to me that we go through the things that we go through so we can help other people. There are a lot of things that have happened in my life that are so stinking similar to her...for example we take the same medication....it was kind of a odd conversation but hey whatever works! She is now doing really well and we are going to see her tonight. We were talking with her yesterday about how every time she feels lost the Lord sends missionaries to find her and then she was talking about getting baptized and we were joking about how if she doesn't do it this time, the Lord will just keep sending us and we will always find her. Kinda like a Once Upon a Time situation..."I will always find you. Always. If you love them and they love you, you will always find them." Not quite the same but hey it works! 
 
     The other day a very important lesson was solidified. We tracted into an older Caucasian lady who thought we were from the Government....um no. So she started yelling at us about how everyone need fired and sued and how much she hates foreigners and that they all need to die.....um well that's what they are trying to escape so no. I am so glad it was dark and she couldn't see how red our faces were getting from anger. Grrrrrrr! That get under my skin so much now! Jesus said love everyone and that includes everyone who risks their lives to get to this country on the thread of hope that life will be better for them. God gave us this country as a free nation where all of His children could have the things they need regardless of the color of our skin or language they speak. We teach people who risked literally everything to get here so that they could raise a family and not live in fear of being killed every day. That is why God sends us as missionaries to everyone. Because He wants all of His children to have the chance to know the truth regardless if they don't speak the same language or look like us. One thing President Murdock told us this week was that we are not entitled to anything. We all have to put in the work and the effort to make the world a better place than we found it and God gives each one of us the opportunity to do so. Are we gonna take it? 

     I love you all!! Have a great week!
 
Love,
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment