Address

Sister Kylie Dawn Hansen

Colorado Denver South Mission
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 13 in CO - Mar 30

Oh my goodness hello everyone!!

     This week has been one of the hardest weeks for me internally. Quite honestly it has been one of the most difficult weeks I have ever had inside my own head and heart. Now I will explain...
 
     So Tuesday we had transfers and it was really really hard but also really exciting! I learned that my new companion would be Sister Smock..well new old companion. And I was so stoked at first because..well she's my "mom" and the first 6 weeks I was with her she changed me so much! I am already not the same person I was when I left and that is thanks to so many things, especially that first transfer I had. That is one of the reasons that it was so hard to leave Eagle was because I saw myself change so much and I knew at that time that Heavenly Father sent me there for a reason and I thank Him for it everyday. So far the Lord has blessed me with amazing companions! Well I have only had 2 outside of the MTC but I know He brought them into my life for a reason. So on Tuesday I was really excited to be with Sister Smock again but then I had to realize all over again how utterly amazing she is...wait one sec while I make sure I took her off my email list....that would be awkward....anyways, she is seriously my mission role model because of so many things and now she gets to change my life even more and now I know that God really does hear our prayers and He answers them...not in the way we expect because all I said was I am grateful for Him giving me amazing people like her to look up to and next thing I know BOOM we are companions again...didn't expect that one at all...
 
     This week was very surreal because this time it was not me who was new to an area. We went to see so many of my favorite people here and I was the only one who knew them...my how the tides have turned...
 
     We found a lot of really great people and I love doing this work! I was seriously humbled as I had to realize again how awful my Spanish is... #fluent companion....oh well it'll get there.
 
     Let's see...who did we see...
 
     This week we saw Grace a couple times and I still love her a lot! We didn't get to teach Luis but we saw him so that is always a great thing! Most of the other people we usually see we just had to schedule appointments because they were busy...
 
     Taking over an area is not very fun especially one as big as ours...however, it is definitely an adventure. But the people kept it awesome! We saw so much of that heartache that has been in the lives of the people we have been teaching go away this week or at least get better. And with each heart wrenching trial that has been happening that I had to explain as background info for Sister Smock, Heavenly Father helped me realize just how much I love all of these people. Wanting the very best for everyone so much and yet being there to witness them reject it hurts a lot. But then they accept it and it is the most joyous feeling in the world. I think that is how the Savior must feel. He performed the Atonement for each and every one of us and yet sometimes we reject it. I can't even fathom how hurt He must feel, knowing He did everything He possibly could and yet we turn our backs on Him again and again. But still He waits for us time and time again to come back to Him. There are no lost causes or 3rd strikes...He is always here for us to pick us up and dust us off when we fall down.
 
     I learned a lot this week about humility...like for starters I wouldn't recommend praying for it because Heavenly Father answers prayers. And oh by did I get a lot of humility this week! I really got to pinpoint a good number of my weaknesses as a person, missionary, and everything else that I am. But I also felt the love that Heavenly Father has for each one of His children that we talked too and that is what matters most.
 
     This truly is the greatest work in the world and I am so grateful to be a part of it. The part I dislike the most is that it is going by so stinking fast! There is so much to do and so many people out here and not enough time to do all we need to do! But I know that He puts us in the places we need to be in our lives and He brings people into our lives for a reason. In just a few weeks I have been eternally changed by the people that He has brought into my life and I wish I could list all of them but I would never have enough time.
 
     I know that God has a plan for each of us and that He knows what we need when we don't. And He knows who to send us and when to send them.
 
     This next weekend is General Conference and I pray that each one of you will watch it and bring questions that you have because really God will answer through the mouths of His servants!
I love you all and I promise to write more next week but we don't have enough time...
 
Love you! 
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment