Address

Sister Kylie Dawn Hansen

Colorado Denver South Mission
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 11 in CO - Mar 16

Good day all!!
 
     I learned a very powerful lesson this week. "Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder" just kidding. That was just a really clever sign we saw. But in all seriousness someone has the gift of witty sign making in the city of Denver. A homeless man we saw this week was holding up a sign that said, "I bet you can't hit me with a cheeseburger" Pure genius. And another was on the front of a bingo place, "Support Bingo. Keep Grandma off the streets" It was great.

     This week resembled a roller-coaster. Monday afternoon our investigator, Grace, made us come get our nails done. Which would have been perfectly fine if she stayed with just blue. But then she pulled out pink and rhinestones.....no. Just no. But I kept them on for about a total of 3 days so it is a record! Just ask my mom...That night we taught some people and then went back to teach Grace and Luis about the Book of Mormon and it was a sick lesson! Then chaos started and our stress levels skyrocketed!
 
     Not much happened until Wednesday when we went back to teach someone we found during exchanges. We got done teaching and she was like "this sounds really familiar I think I have met with missionaries before..." Score!! She is golden! Thursday we had a great day! And tied it up with a Law of Chastity lesson with Grace and Luis! And they said they would keep it!!! They are the best!!!! Friday we had a bomb lesson with our investigator Lucero and she basically taught us the lesson so it was great! I have determined that one of the only reasons Hispanic men answer our questions most of the times this week are because they like my eyes....then they avoid us every time we try to come back...I want brown contacts........
 
     Saturday was ridiculously exhausting. One woman we teach had her entire life fall apart and it was the most stressful thing of my entire life! We had a couple of BOMB lessons with a couple people so that was fun but exhausting. 
 
     Sunday was really really stressful. Luis said he was coming to church but he never texted us or showed up and Grace didn't know where he was and he like disappeared and we were freaking out about that and about a few other people who's lives had turned upside down and then he texted us and all was well. We went to see them and they agreed to live the Word of Wisdom! They are my favorites!
 
     This week helped me to see that the Lord is in every detail of our lives and knows what is best. He sends us help when we need it. One of our recent converts was telling us a story of this man who had so much faith and was convinced that God would save him. So this flood came and he refused 3 times to get help from the Coast Guard and others. He knew God would save him so when he died he was really confused. They were talking about what happened and the man was like, "I had so much faith that you would save me. Why didn't you?" And God was like, "I tried 3 times but you wouldn't take the help."
 
     Sometimes we don't recognize the help that He sends us until it is too late. Hopefully we can all do better with that because He sends us the help we need all the time and a lot of the time He sends it in the form of other people and I know for a fact that this is true. 

My two favorite people ever! Grace and Luis!
     I love you all!
 
     Have a great week!
 
Love,
Hermana Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment