Address

Sister Kylie Dawn Hansen

Colorado Denver South Mission
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Week 3-Provo MTC Dec. 8, 2014

Wow what a week!

I can honestly say this was probably the hardest but most rewarding week ever so far! It was so long and we all got really frustrated with the language. But then we would go into lessons and speak for 1 hour + and it completely blew my mind!

I have officially converted my entire district to Elder Holland's words of wisdom. We watch at least one massage a day from him. One of my favorite points of the day I might add. 

This week was filled with 8 teaching lessons - 2 to members and the rest to our investigators. What an outstanding opportunity. Each time I bear testimony I can feel my conviction grow. 

But the most important part of this week is that the new Christmas message from the church came out. If any of you have not seen it yet stop reading this and go to lds.org. I'm serious. Go. It's so amazing and they are asking us to go and tell all of the people at home to watch it and share it.
Why? Well because we are the Church of Jesus Christ and that is our message. We believe so many things but the most important is that Jesus is the Christ. The Only Begotten of the Father.
I may be the last person on this earth to realize this but "mas" in Spanish means more. So Christmas literally means more Christ. I count it as one of the highest privileges to bear
His sacred name on my chest day after day. I testify of His Atonement and Divinity in all that I do. And now I challenge you all to do the same. It doesn't so much matter which Christian church we are affiliated with, we have the responsibility to testify of Him. Especially at this glorious time of the year. 
I am really excited for Christmas at the MTC because it will literally be the best week ever!! Joseph Smith was born on the 23rd, the 24th is Christmas Eve and the 25th is Christmas. There's the reason I am here all in one week!

I know that Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and He suffered for each and everyone of us so that He knows how to lift us when we fall down. I have never needed to lean on Him so much in my entire life. I have never realized just how much I really can't do. Without Him I can't speak to these people. I can't learn what I have to learn and I can't wear the badge that sets me and the rest of this Army of God apart from the rest of the world. 
And that is my admonition to all this week. Learn of Him. Lean on Him. Testify of Him. For I know that He truly is who He proclaimed to be. He is the Christ. We have a Father in Heaven who loves us and watches over us. He knows what we need and He wants to hear from us.
I testify that Joseph Smith is His prophet that He called to head up this last dispensation and that he truly saw what he said he saw. One of my new favorite scriptures is Joseph Smith History 1:24-26. Read what John Taylor said of the prophet Joseph in the 138th chapter of D&C.
I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. And together with the Bible we have the opportunity to learn of the Savior. But the Book of Mormon will bring us closer than any other book.
All we have to do is read. Every day. Alma 7 testifies so beautifully of the Redeemer of us all. And if we do as instructed in Alma 32 and many other scriptures, all we must do is read, ask in prayer and be ready and willing to act on the answers we receive. I know that those answers will come. They came for me and I have seen them come for others. I plead with you to read this book. I treasure it dearly. So many gave their lives so that we may be able to have it. The prophets and people that died within the pages. The prophet Joseph and the men, women, and children that were a part of our pioneer ancestors, and many more. They have sealed their witness of this glorious book with their very blood. And I seal my witness with theirs. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that each and every word is true and I have come to learn more of my Savior than out of any other book. Please read it.

I love all of you!
May God bless you and keep you safe, is my constant prayer.
Hermana Kylie D. Hansen
 Provo, Utah Temple
 Pointing at my future mission on the world map at the Provo MTC
 My District at the Provo, Utah Temple

 My District at the Provo, Utah Temple
 My District at the Provo, Utah Temple
 My roomies and companions
 
 Roomies and companions on Thanksgiving
 Roomies and companions on Thanksgiving
language stuff..and thats just the spanish

No comments:

Post a Comment