Address

Sister Kylie Dawn Hansen

Colorado Denver South Mission
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 2 CCM (MTC)-Dec. 1, 2014

Hey everyone!!

Wow what a crazy week this has been! It has felt like 3 years! There is a saying here that the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. It is so true. Time is seriously warped here!

i will start with Tuesday. Mostly it was filled with  more classes and we taught another lesson. But that night was seriously the best part! Dallin H. Oaks came for our Devotional! Ha Sister Mason! Just Kidding but I thought of her while he was talking because he brought his wife. They talked about the value of being a dedicated missionary and it was so good!

Wednesday was pretty good except for TRC which is when we teach someone else in a room that has a video camera so it records you. That was one of the toughest lessons I have ever been a part of my entire life!! Needless to say I was hugely humbled that day!

Thursday was the best day of my life so far. Okay maybe not that good but pretty close. Elder Bednar came and did this huge Q&A thing in which they passed out a ton of cell phones and we texted him our questions and they showed up on his ipad. It was also broadcast throughout the world in every MTC so they emailed him questions. It was one of the coolest things ever! I felt like a member of MOTAB because our musical number for the choir was also broadcast. Slightly nerve wracking. But it was great. Then we did the service project which was so freaking cool I can't even describe it in words. We were put into groups sort of and lined up on 1 table each group and put together lentil casseroles for the Utah food bank. it felt so good to help in such a way that we all knew it would help someone. Because sometimes like if you rake leaves you aren't sure if you are doing something that is actually going to help someone but this was different.  And Elder Bednar came in the cafeteria while we were there. I STOOD 30 FT AWAY!! No joke he looked into my eyes! It was such an amazing day! Then we went to a program where we sang a few hymns and then watched Meet the Mormons as the new movie that just got into the MTC! It was super awesome. Then they gave us a "surprise" and we went outside and they had the Christmas Lights lit in the main square of the MTC. I have pics it was super neat!

Friday and Saturday were pretty ordinary everyday stuff. 12 hours of classroom study with lunch and dinner breaks in between. 

But Sunday.....Oh goodness......almost as awesome as Thursday..almost.
Every Sunday we follow the same schedule so it was all pretty usual but a lot of our Zone is leaving so there will be 11 of us for 2 weeks in our branch and zone...needless to say we will become very close. But during Relief Society we watch Music and the Spoken Word. They sang O Come o come Emmanuel...one of my favorites...and Cum Sancto Spiritu...that may not mean much but I sang it Senior year so I was the dork who was singing along with the choir during the very complicated latin piece. To each their own I guess. But Sheri Dew was the guest speaker. Need I say more? Nope.

Then get this.....Vocal Point came for our Sunday night devotional. Yes the music group. I almost flipped out!! It was pretty much the coolest musical devotional i have ever been to. SO EPiC!! They sang Nearer My God to Thee for their last song....so much better in person...and the guy who hits the freakishly high notes..well he is about 5'3' no joke. It was awesome!

Then we went to our various movie night things but somehow in the crowd we got oddly separated. I only had one of my companions and our roommate didn't have hers. So we went to search for them, which is no easy task by the way in a sea of missionaries who all wear the exact same thing!! And all of them have nametags so that didn't help. Finally we found the building where someone thought they had seen them go so we went to go check. Did we find them? Nope. But we found a dark room that was showing Legacy so we sat in, thinking they might be sitting there in the dark. Well the movie was in Spanish. Perfect. Didn't understand anything BUT since I have seen that movie about 10385767849039385763920 times (maybe thats a slight exaggeration) I translated for about 15 minutes. Then we decided to leave because that was getting super boring. I kid you not we walked out of the door and the two of them were standing there. It was almost like the sons of Mosiah and Alma in Alma chapter 17. Pretty cool. Once the 5 of us were together again, we started to leave when we heard the talk from the neighboring room. It was Pres. Uchtdorf talking about missionary work and he got really loud all of a sudden and said, "That is why you must always stay with your companion" Okay got it. Learn our lesson. We are taking about making leashes now. Then we went back to our classroom and watched most of Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration. It was really good. I watch it in a different way now.

This morning we went to the temple and it was such an amazing experience! It always is but this morning was particularly great! Tonight we are teaching a new investigator and another new one tomorrow. So this week we will have 3. Goodness gracious. sometimes it feels like my head is about to explode! 

As far as Spanish goes it is quite well. I have never wished I was speaking French more in my entire life. It seems that the more Spanish I try to learn, the better my French gets and the more it clicks. That would have been nice to know in High School......

The Lord definitely stretches you beyond what you think you are capable of. Remember in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when Mike gets stretched after he was shrunk? Yup exactly what it feels like.

Well I am almost out of time so I just want to leave you all with my testimony that I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He lives. He knows us all. He suffered for not only our sins but for our sadness, grief, sickness, loneliness, and so much more. He truly knows us and will stand beside us always. He loves us so much that even when He asked the Father for another way He still pressed on and stood by us until the very end. Surely that is how we must stand by Him. He is always there. Always. We just have to open the door and He will always bring us back into His embrace. 
I know that this is His Church upon the earth. I can think of a few things i could be doing right now but i am serving Him because I want the world to know that Jesus is the Christ. I am His witness and representative along with more that 88,000 of my fellow brothers and sisters who bear His name on our chests each and every day.
I know that the Book of Mormon is His word and another witness of His divinity alongside the Bible.
I know that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the Restoration and Thomas S. Monson is his successor and the Lord's prophet upon the earth today.

These things I leave with you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

  


Hermana Kylie D. Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment