Address

Sister Kylie Dawn Hansen

Colorado Denver South Mission
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 1 at the MTC-Nov. 24, 2014

Hey Everyone!!!!

So the past five days have felt like a year! Time goes sooooooo slow here! Yesterday alone felt like 2 months. They tell us all the time that the first week feels like drinking from a fire hydrant and it is so true! Remember the SEAL training Marcus Lattrell went through? Well that is also what it is like but in a Spiritual way. By the end of each day, we are so exhausted physically, mentally, and spiritually that brushing teeth is taxing! You will laugh about this mom but I got a companion who loves to run! The other doesn't so much but we run anyways. I am in a trio so that's really fun and different but I guess mini missions are a blessing after all! Anyways, we run about 1-2 miles every day. Saturday I ran almost 2 and a half! Props to the most awesome physical therapist ever!! Thanks Travis and Best Health! The water bottle is also so nifty! I take it everywhere so I don't die from speaking in Spanish all of the time!
I think in the past 5 days I have learned more Spanish than I have French throughout highschool and middle school! Most of my district has taken Spanish so it is just myself and one of the Elders who have not. There are 7 of us. Me, Hmnas. Smith and Maw (mi companeras) Hmnas. Flake and Mousley and our Elders Taggart and Richardson. Hmna Smith is from PA. Hmna Maw is from Mass. Hmna. Flake is from Pocatello. Hmna Mousley is from Arizona. Elder Taggart is from Courdelain(I didnt spell that right but yes the one in ID) and Elder Richardson is from Washington. We have all gotten pretty close and I love them all!!
We have one investigator so far. We have taught her two lessons and we have another one tomorrow night. Yup all in Spanish. The first one was kinda rough but the second was really really good! Mostly because I am getting better at sorting through the French and Spanish in my mind. It is so hard to keep them separate. A lot of the time I speak a hybrid between English, French and Spanish. Yep it sounds about as weird as you are thinking.
The food es no bueno!! I am now on basically a fruit diet because thats like the only safe thing to eat..also salad. Basically nothing cooked is how that works out. The chocolate chip cookies are really good!
Sundays are officially my favorite! we get to watch the Spoken Word (only hermanas) and then we go to Sacrament meeting after luncheveryweek we have to write a 3-5 minute talk in Spanish and we randomly get called in the moment. Nerve wracking? Yeah it is! We had Hermana Marriot and her husband speak to us in Relief Society so that was pretty much awesome! We also get a General Authority tomorrow night and on Thursday because it is Thanksgiving. We dont know who it is yet but I am in the choir so I get to sing for them. Who knows maybe there will be an MTC choir for the Christmas Devotional...? I hope so! Anyways then we had Elder Allen who is basically in charge of all missionary stuff come speak to us. He talked about recognizing the Spirit and focasing on the people we are teaching and doing what the hymn "come thou fount" says. Which that's like my favorite so CHECK! Then we went and watched "characteristics of Christ" by Elder Bednar. It is an MTC video so if you guys can get it, WATCH IT! It will change your entire outlook on life! It did mine. Our whole District was in tears. It is so powerful. 
I have learned that the MTC is no picnic! It is probably the hardest thing ever! I have never been stretched so much in my entire life. But I have also never loved people so much or loved the Lord so much or Heavenly Father.
It is truly a lifechanging experience and I wouldnt trade it for anything! So if its like this in the first five days i can only imagine!
Everyday we spend about 12 hours in the classroom (except Sundays and Pday of course) We call it the box because we are literally in the same room all the time. We gave it a name: sequela which means consequence in Spanish. I probably spelled it wrong but you get the idea. Its a joke but it definitely makes it more fun when hour 10 rolls around.

Well I am almost out of time so I want to bare my testimony. I dont have accents on this keyboard so bear with me.
Yo se que el Evangelio es verdadero. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es inspiridad y Jose Smith es un profeta. Yo se que Thomas S Monson eslaprofeta. Yo se que Jesuscristo es el Salvador y el Redentor. Yo se que Padre Celestial es nos padre. Yo se que La Iglesia de Jesuscristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es verdadera. En el nombre de Jesuscristo, Amen.

I know that the Gospel is true. I know the The Book of Mormon is inspired and Joseph Smith is a prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer. I know that Heavenly Father is our Father. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen



Until next week, 
Love you all!
May God be with you until we meet again,

Hermana Kylie D. Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment